Assistant professor with tenure track in Transportation
Chalmers brings together education, research and innovation across our departments.
In our mind, this is the key to be able to successfully meet the needs of society and contribute to a sustainable future. We are now seeking creative women and men for Assistant Professorships in fields that will further our vision of a sustainable future.
Each researcher will have the chance to design a unique and autonomous research programme, networking with specialists, students and entrepreneurs across disciplines and departments. Additionally, successful candidates will receive a support package with funding for a PhD student, relocation support, leadership programmes, mentoring and more.
The appointment as assistant professor is an entry level faculty position whereby the employee has the opportunity to acquire both pedagogical and scientific qualifications. Each new assistant professor at Chalmers is a strategic recruitment, with tenure track. An assistant professor is expected to improve his or her ability to formulate and solve scientific problems, to publish scientific articles, and to develop abilities in teaching and supervision, by means of both practical training and independent study. One assessment will be conducted after two years, and an additional assessment for granting tenure will be conducted in conjunction with the period of appointment reaching its conclusion.
Read more here: chalmers.se/advance
Assistant professor in Transportation
Chalmers has a long tradition of outstanding research in the broad area of Transport. The vision of the Area of Advance Transport is to “become a leading university in research and education for green, safe and efficient transport systems”. The Area of Advance Transport involves about 240 senior researchers and is organized in three profiles: (1) Transport efficiency and customer adapted logistics, (2) Sustainable vehicle technology and (3) Traffic safety. Together these three profiles provide the base for research in the broad area of Transport that we believe is necessary to reach our vision.
Furthermore, to even more focus on current societal challenges we have identified three prioritized themes: (1) Electromobility, (2) Autonomous transport, and (3) Transition to the transport system of the future. We now seek an assistant professor that can strengthen our vision by working in one or more of these prioritized themes.
Read more here: Transportation
The successful candidate will conduct research, in line with the intentions described in the application. You will complement rather than duplicate our existing competences. You have an ambition to create synergies between our existing research groups.
You will contribute with:
• Active engagement in research, developing a distinct line of research through independent research projects.
• Actively contributing to education on all levels.
• Supervising masters and doctoral students.
• Applying for external research funding.
• Participating in joint departmental and university-wide undertakings.
• Participating in international collaborations on a high scientific level.
• Collaborating with research groups within and outside of Chalmers.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in building a research group and attracting external funding and who are interested in research and education. You are open-minded and interested in collaborating across borders within and outside Chalmers. Interest in and experience from teaching and supervision as well as a post-doctoral or equivalent stay at an institution other than the one where the PhD was awarded are considered merits. Teamwork, leadership, organizational and entrepreneurial skills are advantages.
• A doctoral degree in a relevant field, not older than 7 years. Exceptions will be made for longer periods resulting from parental leave.
• Performed high-quality research.
• Demonstrated ability to establish national and international collaborations.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
The appointment as assistant professor is a four-year entry-level faculty position with tenure track, whereby the employee has the opportunity to acquire both pedagogical and scientific qualifications. An assistant professor is expected to improve her or his ability to formulate and solve scientific problems, to publish scientific articles, and to develop abilities in teaching and supervision, by means of both practical training and independent study. The aim is to achieve the level of associate professor within four years and if successful you will be offered a permanent faculty position at Chalmers.
The application should be marked with Ref 20180323 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as PDF-files, as below:
CV: (Please name the document as: CV, Family name, Ref. number)
• CV, include complete list of publications
• Previous teaching and pedagogic experiences
• Other information, such as previous employment or leadership qualifications and positions of trust
• Two references that we can contact
Personal letter: (Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
Two to three pages that include:
• Introduction of yourself, presentation of your qualifications and description of your future research plans
• Previous research fields and main research results
• Future goals and research focus. Are there any specific projects and research issues in which you are primarily interested?
• Copies of your most relevant publications in full format (maximum of five publications). It is a good idea to attach the files as a PDF or compress them into a Zip file.
• Copies of a maximum of five other publications that substantiate your other qualifications (for example, educational publications and popular science articles)
Please use the button at the foot of the page to access the application form. The files may be compressed (zipped).
Application deadline: 12 August 2018
For questions, please contact:
Sinisa Krajnovic, email: email@example.com, tel: +46 31 7725272